The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) clarified on Monday as to what would rely as a valid or an invalid vote when the nation goes to polls on July 25.
As per the electoral physique, a poll paper will be invalid if:
– It’s lacking the official code mark or assistant presiding officer’s signature
– It’s lacking ECP’s watermark
– It’s lacking the official nine-matrix seal
– It has a paper or the rest hooked up to it
– It has stamps on a couple of candidate’s election symbols
– The stamp seems equally in a couple of candidates’ packing containers
However, ECP defined a poll paper will be counted as a valid vote if the stamp seems in a number of packing containers however a outstanding portion of it’s in a specific candidate’s field.
Multiple stamps on the image of a specific candidate, in addition to stamps on each the image and the identify of a candidate may also be counted as a valid vote, the ECP additional clarified.
Polling will begin at 8am and conclude at 6pm — a complete of 10 hours uninterrupted.
This is the primary time the polling period has been prolonged by an hour throughout the board within the nation’s electoral historical past.